Small Engine Technician
For more than 40 years our company has specialized in the sale and service of Commercial and Consumer Outdoor Power Equipment products in the Los Angeles Area. Our primary lines are: Toro, Kawasaki, Stihl, Echo (complete line of hand held equipment) & Honda mowers, pumps and generators.
Qualified candidate will possess: excellent mechanical and follow up skills, and will be able to communicate effectively. All applicants should be detail-orientated with good organizational and people skills and should be a team player with a professional and positive attitude.
The keys to our success have been:
- Developing and maintaining great long term relationships with our customers. We are experts in our field with detailed product and industry knowledge committed to outstanding customer service.
- We pride ourselves on maintaining honest, helpful and ethical business practices and making our company’s reputation and mission statement shine at all times.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities Include:
- Ability to inspect, diagnose and repair lawn and garden outdoor power equipment.
- Ability to look up the correct parts needed for the job.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of the job from documenting work performed, time spent on the repair, correspondence with the customer to doing the job itself.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Possess pride in workmanship, is a self starter who maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Must present a well groomed professional and positive impression to make the companies reputation and mission statement shine at all times.
- Implements and enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Must be motivated and a team player who relates well with customers and staff and has good communication skills.
- Regular and punctual attendance for all scheduled work hours.
- Resolves customer issues quickly and effectively.
- A willingness to ask for help and be willing to learn and grow.
Other Functions of the Position Include:
- Able to manage a hectic workload with quickie or emergency jobs thrown in sporadically.
- Stay on top of the most current service training available.
- Willing to accept new challenges outside of your comfort zone.
- Able to discuss and implement new ideas to improve the service department.
- Use expertise to provide customers with options on repair/replacement type decisions.
- Providing technical support to store manager to insure accuracy in parts ordering.
- Safely maintaining and operating shop repair tools and machinery to insure service accuracy and customer satisfaction and a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend basic mathematics and instructions.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and use equipment such as pneumatic tools, grinders, hand tools etc.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including nights and weekends on Saturday if necessary, before/after store hour meetings.
Preferred – Bilingual – English – Spanish.
Pay level based on qualifications and experience.
We are a Drug Free Workplace.
Interested candidates, please send your resume, cover letter and salary history to: